Sunday 27 May 2018

Sunday's with Steph - Super exciting stencil




Hello! 

So ok my title may have been slightly misleading.....I think it's super exciting 👍👍👍(please bear in mind I am a newbie - ish - Silhouette user so my excitement levels are somewhat easier to please than others!!)

So I chose a confetti stencil from the design store  https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/53505 I used the adhesive stencil material and sent the item to cut while I busied about tidying my craft room.  As it cut quite a few holes beautifully I left the room for it to work it's magic for a few minutes.  I came back and it had slipped under the rollers but only on one side so I quickly stopped the machine and unloaded the material.  Ok so it wasn't what I thought I was going to get but I quite liked the randomness of the circles so I was going to go with it!



I pulled the design from the backing and made the stencil a lot less sticky before popping it on to some shiny card stock and using a pallet knife pulled texture paint across the design.  I removed and re-used the stencil three times with the texture paint before leaving it to drive over night.



I was really pleased with the end result of the stencil and finished layout which came together really quickly (well maybe not the sequins but the rest of it yes!)

I hope you have a great scrappy week!!

Love

Steph x x


No comments:

Post a Comment