Saturday 12 May 2018

One stencil 2 layouts

Hi everyone and welcome to today's blogpost...

I have been getting messy and creating more mixed media style backgrounds for my scrapbook pages.

I decided to use a background stencil from the Silhouette Design Store and chose this design...



It fits perfectly on the 8.5 x 11" stencil sheet and cut perfectly, making weeding of the little shapes nice and easy...



Next the stencil was stuck down using washi tape on a plain white sheet of cardstock and texture paste applied



I decided I didn't want the number or letters on this layout so simply covered them with washi tape before I used the stencil


Once removed and dry I had a lovely textured effect




 After spraying the page with water, I added some paint powder in several different colours and let it run all over the page creating a lush water coloured background





All I had left to do was add my crazy collection of photos and lots of co-coordinating embellishments and my page was done...


I didn't want to waste all the small pieces I had removed from the stencil so I randomly scattered the tiny circles over another piece of plain white cardstock and placed the 2 hearts and curved pieces where I wanted them. I used several different shades of blue spray mists to give this simple effect...


And produced a second page using the same stencil!



I really love making my own stencils and creating different effects on my pages...please let us know what you create with your Silhouette machines

hope to see you soon

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment