Wednesday 2 May 2018

I Got It From My Mama - Design of the Week - 1st May 2018 (with apologies for bad light photos)


Hello, it's Wednesday so it must be time for my DOTW post. 

This week I thought I would make something other than a layout for a change and thought the design would look perfect in gold on a little onsie.


The design was resized to 5 ins wide and cut it from gold HTV, and mirrored before cutting.  I also removed the three 'dashes' from each side as they were so tiny.

Then, because I loved the design so much I made a scrapbook page :0)

I had been to an art journalling class recently and loved the inked backgrounds we made.  I thought that if I made an ink background and cut the design from a piece of 12 by 12 the colours would show through the apertures.

Firstly, I inked a piece of 12 by 12 cardstock.


Then I dripped water onto it and dabbed it off with paper towel.


I resized the design in my design space and added an 11 inch square for my border. 


Then as there would be a large piece of the coloured background unused on another design area I used a sketch pen to draw some flowers and cut those out too.


The title was perfect for this photograph of me and our daughter as until she was 23 (this was at her birthday afternoon tea) I never thought she looked anything like me.  Once I saw this there was no denying how much she actually does.










1 comment:

  1. Love BOTH of these projects Karen, the phrase is perfect for them both. Love your little flowers too.

    ReplyDelete