Saturday 5 May 2018

Happy National Scrapbooking Day Cup Cake Toppers using Rose Gold Foil



Hello, hello - Karen here with some cute little cupcake toppers that I made for the cupcakes I am taking to my crop today.  As many of you know the first Saturday in May is always National Scrapbooking day and it so happens that I have my crop on the first Saturday of the month.

I always make cupcakes for the ladies who attend and wanted to make them a little special to celebrate.

As we are showcasing Rose Gold Printable Foil this week, what better media could I use for my quick and simple toppers.

Firstly, I opened this file


I resized the three scalloped circles to 2ins, 1.75ins and 1.5 ins.  I only had one sheet of gold foil left so had to be economical with how I used it.

I wanted to print on the smallest circle and also have the largest circles cut from gold as well.  A bit tricky as when I turned on the registration marks to print and cut there wasn't enough room for all the circles I needed.



I then had the idea of printing and cutting the small scallops with the registration marks on and then taking the registration marks off to add the larger ones as I would have a greater area to work with.  It didn't matter that some of the larger ones would be cut with a black registration mark printed on them as this would be hidden.

I set out where I wanted my shapes to be. 


Removed the large ones and added text to the smaller ones using this font



I sent it to my printer and was pleasantly surprised how easily it went through.  I then added it to my cutting mat and cut the small circles.

Next I added the large circles back in and removed the small ones and turned off the registration marks.

Finally I cut the middle sized circles and the large ones from adhesive backed card.


All that was left was to assemble them - an easy job as both the foil and card had adhesive backing. 









PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment