Thursday 24 May 2018

Fun Flamingo - stencilling onto fabric

Hullo everyone!

This week I have had great fun experimenting with stencils and material... I had no idea how or if it would work...

I thought that the adhesive stencil material would be easier to use with fabric as there would be less chance of leekage beyond the outline.


I already had fringe flamingo in my library and used the background shape, mirroring the image and setting it to cut on my silhouette (both a small and a large one!)


I then cut the designs from the sheet leaving enough of a surrounding margin around the image to allow plenty of adhesive...


Initially I took a white vest top and used the 'inner'  flamingo shape and stuck it on the front. I used some fabric spray paint and just went for it...


It was all rather random but I made sure there was plenty of cover over the flamingo...

For my canvas bag I taped the flamingo down as I thought I should be a bit more controlled with the spray but then decided to use the spray as paint. This worked well and you can see how clear the image is with no real seepage...


For my mini draw strip bag I used a smaller image which was more fiddly and I didn't stick it down as well. You can tell  that a little paint went under the stencil in the head area...



Overall I loved the effect and would definitely use the adhesive stencils on fabric again and I really love the sparkly effect of the metallic fabric paint and look forward to trying it out more. Now I have a fun flamingo set ready for the summer... 



Fingers crossed the sunshine continues...

See you soon

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment