Wednesday 16 May 2018

Design of the Week - Llama Card - 15 May 2018



Hello again, Karen here with this week's free design and this one will appeal to all the Llama lovers out there - a Llama Card.



This is a really fun print and cut design, complete with cut file for the envelope (now looking at this photo I realise that I have glued my envelope flap under the side flaps and not on top.

The first thing I did was to reduce the design to 90% so that it would fit on an A4 piece of card, once the registration marks had been added.   I also wanted something to go inside the card and found this design.


I filled the sentiment in with colours from the Llama card using the colour picker and removed the cut line.  I then gave it an offset.  I removed the head of the Llama as the design was the wrong shape to fit inside the card.


As you can see I 'blinged' up my card with some clear gems.

Fortunately, I had a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper with flowers in a similar colour to those printed on the Llama card and used this to make my envelope.  I thought it was important to use a paper that had a fairly plain side so that the address would be easily visible once posted. 


My finished card (which I think is soooooo cute).


My card in it's envelope waiting to wing its way to my sister whose birthday is at the end of the month.









No comments:

Post a Comment