Wednesday 4 April 2018

Free Design Of The Week - Spring Feaver - 3rd April 2018



Hello, hello lovely Silhouetters.  Karen here with my take on this week's DOTW which this design.

This was very fortunate as I was going to start a project called 100 Days of Scrap Therapy, run by a scrapbooker called Suse Fish and it was ideal for the front of my little A5 binder. 

I decided that I wanted to sketch the design rather than cut it out and so changed the outline of each letter to the corresponding colour and removed the fill.


I added a design called Leaf Border



and used a font called LW Block Sketch for the text.

As I wanted my writing to be similar colours to the original design I bought a cheap pack of felt tip pens, which had a good selection of colours (£1.00 from The Range) to use with my pen holder. 


Unfortunately, they were to thin, even for the small attachment so I solved this by winding a strip of sticky tape around the barrel. 


I then drew each colour separately with my Cameo3. 


Very quickly, I had a beautiful cover for my project!




No comments:

Post a Comment