Sunday 10 December 2017

Stitched Star Tree: Using a Pen Holder



Hey there Silhouette fans, Niki here today with a hack to share with you. I found this very beautiful star tree file in the store and I immediately I wanted to stitch this as a full page in my December Daily album. So I opened it on screen...

BUT...it's a file that can be cut out as a whole, meaning it had double cut lines. That would be great if I wanted to cut it out, but I wanted to stitch each star with a single line rather than the two lines. I tried my absolute hardest to convert it to a single line but in the end I had to admit defeat and give up 😞😞😞

So instead, I used the Draw a Rectangle tool to draw a box around my tree. I wanted the box to be the exact page size of my December Daily pages (6x8") with the tree in the middle. I then set it to my Silhouette, but loaded a piece of copy paper onto my mat. I also set the tree itself to draw using a pencil in a pen holder, while the rectangle box was cut out. I was then left with a piece of paper, the correct size with the tree drawn on, centred perfectly.

I then was able to use this as a stitching template. I placed the copy paper with the drawn tree over a piece of white cardstock and pierced the wholes for the stitching - just on the points of the star. I then stitched using metallic gold thread and long stitches to make this very beautiful stitched star tree.

In case you dont quite get what I mean, I've made a short video of how I did this which you can view below.



So I guess that today's lesson, is never give up! If you can't get the software to do what you want it to do, then see if you can figure out a way around. I absolutely love the result of this and it looks even better in real life! It's the most stunning page in my December Daily album so far.

Happy scrapping xxx 


Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire



DESIGNS USED:

PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment