Sunday 8 April 2018

Sunday's with Steph - A big card for the big 40!

Hello!

Welcome to this weeks blog!!  This week is the week my lovely husband turns 40, so as it's such a big birthday I decided to make him a big card!!

I chose some navy blue canvas card stock and with my husbands love of mountain biking chose this bike:https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs?search=mountain+bike&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true and for his love of the Canadian Rockies chose this mountain and title: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/105586

I loaded up the mountains and the saying onto my design template before ungrouping it all and removing all of the text and keeping the mountain range at the bottom of the page.  I then loaded on the bike which fitted nicely into the top left hand corner with no adjustments fitting everything I wanted to cut onto one page.  The cardstock was then loaded onto my mat and I sent it to cut ensuring that I had asked the machine to pass through the design twice.

It cut both the bike and the very fine mountain as you would expect beautifully.  When I laid the mountain on the white card stock I loved the shadow it showed.

But unfortunately as it was so fine I couldn't use foam risers on it as they would show too much but the bike though fine, they were wide enough to take the foam risers.


I made up the card and used some lettering to create a title and was super pleased with the result as was my husband!!


Well that's me done for another week!! I'll see you next week and enjoy your crafting!!

Love

Steph x


1 comment: