Friday 9 March 2018

Layouts featuring cork embellishments

Hi Silhouette Users

I received some sticky backed cork sheets to try and was inspired to make some embellishments for my layouts.

I looked in the Design Store and came across another gorgeous Paige Evans design stars star...


I opened the file in Silhouette Studio, ungrouped the file and came up with 3 different 'layers'...



I also cut the multiple shapes within the star to act as a template


I added the gold stars and circles...


then cut the smaller stars from the cork sheet


added them to the gold stars


 and removed the template



Next came more embellishments with a glittery gold title and a tissue layered photo and my page was complete...


I took the coffee cup shape (used before for another Silhouette project) and cut a large embellishment filling most of the the 5" x 7" cork sheet. I coloured the cork heart shape with a paint/mist mix to co-ordinate with the colours...


Creating another layout. I was going to cut a title/some alphas but found I had some in my stash already but this would be a great way to use the cork sheet


Thanks for joining me today, please share any of your cork creations by leaving a link in the comments below.

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment