Saturday 24 February 2018

Everyday Adventure Layout by Niki using Glitter Sticker Sheets


Hi Silhouette fans! Niki here today with this layout I've created using the Silver Glitter Sticker sheets. My boy has an obsession with cutlery and a blue spoon in particular and we have a daily battle about this, if the blue spoon is not available for some reason (like it's in the dishwasher!) then we have a meltdown situation. I know he won't be obsessed with his blue spoon forever so I thought I would document this story and possibly re-tell it on his 18th birthday or at his wedding.

I'd recently seen a cutlery file in the Silhouette Design Store by Paige Evans and just knew that this was what I needed to document this story. I'd also got some Glitter Sticker sheets so thought I'd cut the cutlery out of the silver glitter - lush!


I loaded my mat with the glitter sheet and found the correct setting for this in the software. It seemed very low to me and I was a little skeptical that it would cut properly so I did a test cut (something I hardly ever bother with!) and it did not cut through. So I lowered the blade and incresed the pressure and set it on a double pass. It still did not cut through!

So I increased the pressure again and increased the blade again and put the pass up to 3 and this time on my third test cut it was fine. I'm so pleased I tried a test cut first until I had the settings right, otherwise I would have wasted a sheet of that glorious glitter! I then went ahead and cut the design.

So the moral of this story is that whenever you use a material you aren't familiar with always do a test cut until you get the settings right. Something I've learned over time is that every machine is different and every blade is different too. When I change my blade I find that my settings have to change quite a bit and it is just a case of playing around and getting it right and doing tiny test cuts without wasting lots of card or materials.

I always use the recommended settings as a starting point and then adjust slightly from there. Thanks so much for joining me today and happy scrapping xxx

 

DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. Something I never do, but when it's new I'll be reminded of your tip.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete