Monday 22 January 2018

To Do | Print and Cut Travellers Notebook Spread



Hi there! Niki here today with a Print and Cut tutorial. I love the print and cut feature, it's totally awesome! If you buy designs from the store that are specifically Print and Cut files, then the hard work has already been done for you and it is super easy!

I started off by opening the two designs I wanted in my software. These are two separate files by Paige Evans.  You can see that they come with the design to print, AND there is already a red cut line around them, so I don't need to create that.

My printer is only A4 size so I need to change my page set up to A4. I did that in the Page Setup window. Simply go to the dropdown menu next to 'Size' and scroll down until you see A4. As soon as I clicked on A4 then my paper size changed and now I can see exactly what size I have to print in. I also find it helpful to click the 'show print border' box at the bottom which will put a grey box around the page so you can see where your design needs to sit within.

In order to use Print and Cut the Registration marks need to be turned on. So I've gone to View and then Registration Marks, which then opens up the Registration Marks Window on the right.  From the dropdown menu for Style, I selected 'Automatic Cameo' and this puts the Registration Marks onto my page.

 Here they are with the Registration Marks showing. I need the designs to fit within those lines, otherwise they won't cut properly so now it's time to re-size. I also need my cut files to fit within my Travellers Notebook, so I worked out what size I needed and I was able to fit both files onto one A4 page.

Here they are re-sized and ready to be printed. To print from my printer, I simply go to File, Print and the design, including the registration marks, prints out onto A4 card that I had loaded into my printer.

So this is the magic part. I have in my hand my A4 printed sheet. I put that onto my mat,  the same orientation as on screen (so up in the top left corner) and load it into my Silhouette. I then go to Send, change my cut settings to plain cardstock, and then hit 'Send' again. The Silhouette reads the Registration Marks that are on the paper and cuts out the designs perfectly - so easy and quick!

I then turned them into a spread for my Travellers Notebook, which I use as a bullet journal, ie a place for all my To Do lists. Even though the cut files were by Paige Evans, I used Shimelle Glitter Girl papers behind the cut files, and embellished using Glitter Girl stickers and embellishments.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you like my Travellers Notebook spread (all ready for adding all my To-Do things to!) and that you will try out some Print and Cut files.

Happy scrapping xx 

DESIGNS USED
To Do Clipboard
Today Clipboard


PRODUCTS USED:


No comments:

Post a Comment