Tuesday 16 January 2018

Mistakes are Proof you are Trying | Sketch Pens and Cutting



Hi there Silhouette Fans! Niki back again today with another layout featuring sketch pens, and cutting at the same time.

I started off by opening my chosen cut file onto my screen

and of course, it wasn't quite right for me in the original arrangement, so I went to Object - Ungroup, which made all the elements separate.

I re-sized and rearranged the words until they were in an arrangement that would work for the layout I wanted to make.

and then I hit the 'Send' button. The default is for everything to cut, so I selected the words and clicked on 'tool 2' and selected the 'sketch' option. This put a blue cut line around them which means they will use a sketch pen that I had loaded into my tool 2 holder. The hearts remain with a red cut line so they will cut as normal with the blade that is in tool 1.

Once the title was sketched and the hearts cut, I backfilled the hearts with patterned paper and coloured in the title using my water colour paints, and then made the rest of my layout.

I've used the Good Vibes collection by Crate Paper for this layout



 Thank you so much for joining me today - do you use your sketch pens much? I know so may people who own them but have never opened the packet - go on get them out!

Happy scrapping xx 

Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire


DESIGNS USED:

PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment: