Sunday 28 January 2018

Catch you later!

Hello and welcome to my blog post!

I've been using my Silhouette Cameo a few weeks now and loving it - my last cutting machine was one with a crank handle so you know what type of upgrade this is!

Whilst I was cutting a card for my Mum's birthday this week.  I selected a cut file from the store https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/57428 , sent it to print as normal and I noticed there were places where the blade had caught the paper.  I made up the card and my Mum loved it but I wasn't totally happy with the little catches (she didn't even notice, but you know how critical us crafters are!!)


So I decided (after taking some advice from some of my design team) to adjust the auto blade (as some card stock is thicker than others)


I used a different cut file this time:

https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/232300




I was pleased with the result, as I had chosen a fiddly design (are you noticing a theme here??) it had noticeably less catches and had cut through my card stock very well. 







A Design Team member mentioned doing a double pass also but for some reason when I was using this it wouldn't cut in the same places so ended up in a bit of a pickle, but it has given me food for thought and I need to perfect this process to use it for a future blog post!
I'm going to have to keep this weeks short and sweet. I'm off for a weekend getaway with my lovely crafting ladies.
Until next week, happy crafting.
Steph xx























No comments:

Post a Comment