Saturday 23 December 2017

Dear Santa...I can Explain


Merry Christmas everyone! It's Niki here today and I'm sharing this funny layout. I saw this great file in the Design Store and it was completely perfect for a recent photo I took of my little boy having a major tantrum.

As usual I wanted to do something different with it rather than use it in it's original format so I ungrouped

and rearranged.

I then selected the top part and changed the line style so that the cut line was dashed.

I was then able to send this file to my Silhouette. The top part of the design I sent to cut with my regular autoblade. The bottom part of the design I sent to sketch with a black sketch pen - one of the best things about the Silhouette Cameo 3 is that it can do both these things at the same time. Happy days. I also cut 'Dear Santa' on another sheet of card.

Once cut and sketched, I painted the sketched letters with green water colour paint, and stitched around the Dear Santa with pink thread. I painted around the stitching too to make my letters pop. I then used the cut 'dear santa' to lay over the stitched design and flicked paint all around the title. I then removed this to reveal lovely white letters beneath.



Thank you for joining me today - what are you making during the holidays?



DESIGNS USED:



PRODUCTS USED:






No comments:

Post a Comment