Tuesday 28 November 2017

Santa: Mirroring Designs to Make them Work for You


Hi !! Niki here today with this very Christmassey layout! This photo was actually taken last October but I have never got around to scrapping it for some reason, so now was the time!  I wanted to use this lovely Bauble design by Paige Evans, available in the Design Store but with the orientation of my photo (with my daughter looking towards the left of the photo, I wanted to position the baubles on the left of my layout but the bulge in the design were going the wrong way.

This is no major problem: I simply opened the design on my mat, selected it and then went up to the Object Menu and selected Mirror - Flip Horizontally. This flipped the design around so then I was good to get cutting!

I copied the design and pasted so that I had three, then resized and arranged onto my mat.

I decided to cut in Red Glitter cardstock! I therefore selected the Cardstock, Glitter option from the 'Material' menu.

Once cut I started to make my layout but wasn't happy with being able to see my background through the cut glitter baubles so I want back to my computer and released the Compound Path, moved the outline of the design to one side and deleted all the middle bits. I then moved my bauble back into position - just the outline. I repeated for all three and then cut these from white card, to act as a backing for my glittery baubles.

I positioned my baubles onto my layout and added stitching with my machine to make them appear as though they were hanging and then built the rest of my layout.



Thanks for joining me today for this quick and easy tutorial.
Happy scrapping, Niki xx 

DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment: