Monday 28 August 2017

The Wedding Present



Hello, hello - Karen here with a quick post showing a gift I made for my daughter to give to one of her friends as a wedding present.

Like most young people she leaves things to the last moment - the wedding present in question was no different!  She came home from Newcastle on the Friday with a wedding to go to on Saturday and no present to give - mum to the rescue.  She asked if I could make her something and after seeing the invitation I knew I could incorporate it into a memory frame and used it as the basis for the design, especially as it was such a cute paper cut.


As the invitation was cream and kraft I took inspiration from those colors for the papers etc.  The leaves and butterflies were cut files that I drew with a white gel pen and then added an offset to cut them out.  The background was a piece of cream 12 x 12 which I cut using a standard background file and I wrote the bride and groom's names and the date onto a piece of kraft with a sketch font and added a few purchased paper flowers as the final touch.  


I adhered a 5 x 7 piece of photo paper to indicate where the photo should go, sticking it with temporary adhesive and making sure that none of the elements were stuck to it for easy replacement with an actual photo from the day. 

Gracia was delighted with the finished piece and I hope the recipients were too. 





2 comments: