Saturday 26 August 2017

Sunshiny Days - Thickening a Skinny Font



Hi again! Niki here today with an easy tutorial on how to fatten up a skinny font that might strugle to cut nicely in it's original skinny form. The font I'm using here is called Swirl Font and is available from the Silhouette Design Store. I've typed my word using the Text tool and changed the font by using the Text Style window.

In order to make a skinny font fatter, I woud usually go straight to the offset window. But this method is actually a little quicker and just as good. Simply select the word (I welded it altogether first) and then went up to line style (top left, drop down) and made it 10.000 pt. This simply thickens the line.

When you send your design to the Silhouette, the cut lines will display in thick red and you can see exactly where the lines will be cut - it is just now a bit fatter than it was! Easy peasy.

Once I had cut my title, this was the layout I made using it.


I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tip from me today - what are you going to fatten up? 

My blog 'Being Scrappy'
Instagram: @Nikiclaire


DESIGNS USED


PRODUCTS USED:



No comments:

Post a Comment