Tuesday 4 July 2017

Baby girl card from scratch with print and cut flowers

Hello friends!

It's Maria here with you today with a very quick project. I will be 100% honest with you: the project I had planned for today went a bit pear shaped, so I had to think quick on my feet and come up with something easy and quick, as I had run out of crafting time!

My cousin has recently had a new baby and I still hadn't sent a card, so I knew this is what I needed to do.




What you will need:
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Cardstock
- Pattern Paper
- White card for print and cut
- Printer


Instructions:

Have I mention that I love making cards from scratch? This one won't be different!

Open up your studio and make a square or rectangle with the dimensions that you want your card to be. I have created the rectangle and then gone to the Transform section and entered the dimensions in the "specify dimensions" area.


Now I want to duplicate this shape, so I go to "Replicate" and select the highlighted option.


Next I need to change the intersection bit to be a dash line. I always do this the same way, and it just occurred to me the other day that there probably is a faster way of doing it, so if you know a better way, please just let me know!! :) What I do is erase the line in the middle and add a new line which I change to dashed. I create the new line first and position it on top of the other one, and move it horizontally, so I know where it goes later.




Now that the base of my card is done, I am going to write a sentiment in the middle of it. I like large sentiments! I have gone for "Baby girl", but for a while I considered "Welcome baby". I am using a new font from the Silhouette Design Store called "Live Laugh Love" which is gorgeous, and you can do lots with - but make sure you read the instructions first! You will need to weld your letters together once you have finished writing your sentiment and you are happy with the position and size.

The font is very thin and I am a bit worried that it is not going to cut well on my very thick cardstock, so I go ahead and offset it a bit so it is a bit thicker.





Now the base of my card is pretty much done, but I want to decorate the card with some great flower embellishments that I have by Pink Paislee... But, oh no! I just remembered that I've already used them! No problem though, as Pink Paislee (along with many other big scrapbooking manufacturers) sell some of their designs on the Silhouette Store.

So now, I open a new document and get it ready for print and cut. I resize the page to A4 and open the Registration Marks,



I bring up the designs that I want to print and cut, and go ahead.


Print and cut is much easier than some people think. So if you haven't given it a go yet, what are you waiting for! I love that I can get some of my favourite designs and use them as often as I want.

And here is my finished card! I added a couple of buttons and bakers twine for some extra loveliness :)



I hope you have liked this project, and read you very soon!


PRODUCTS USED



No comments:

Post a Comment