Monday 12 June 2017

Canvas using Vinyl



Hello, hello it's Karen here with a tutorial on how to make a quick and easy piece of home decor.

You will need:
Silhouette CAMEO®
Vinyl
Transfer Tape
Canvas
Black Gesso (depending on the colour of vinyl you use)

  • The first thing to do was to paint my canvas with black gesso as I wanted to use gold and silver vinyl. 

  • I knew the sentiment I wanted to put onto the canvas 'My Love For You Was Written In The Stars' so looked for a suitable background and chose this one. 

  • As the canvas I am using is 9in x 12 in I resized the design to fit. 

  • Next I chose a font to write my text - for this I used Miss Millie, which is a quirky and fun font.
  • I wrote my quote and positioned it over the stars.

  •  I then deleted the writing and sent the stars to my Silhouette CAMEO® to cut from silver vinyl.

  • I then cut the text from gold vinyl.

  • After weeding the two lots of vinyl I used transfer tape to remove the text from the paper backing and then carefully positioned this over the stars and picked up the stars.
  • The final step was to adhere the vinyl to my canvas and I had a beautiful piece of home decor .


I enjoyed making this so much that I have made several more with different sentiments on. 




DESIGNS USED:


PRODUCTS USED:

No comments:

Post a Comment