Thursday 27 April 2017

Scrapbook Page - Making a Cut File into a Sew and Cut File



Hello, hello, Karen here with a simple but very effective way to change cut files.

You Will Need:-
Silhouette CAMEO®
Card
Paper (for backing the design)
Embroidery Floss
Embellishments

For this project I used this file

STEP ONE - Changing Your File. 


  • Change the size of the design to 11ins.
  • Under the Modify menu choose Release.



  • Select the outside of the shape, the central circle and the triangles around the circle.
  • Under the Line Style menu select a dashed line - depending on how long you want your stitches will determine which one you choose. 
  • Send to your Silhouette CAMEO® 
You now have a design with the hearts cut out and the outlines ready to stitch. 

STEP TWO - Constructing The Page

  • I stitched all around my design using two strands of grey embroidery floss.
  • Next I mounted this onto a piece of 12 x 12 paper.  I used a lovely pink ombre paper which beautifully complemented my silver thread.
  • In keeping with the silver theme I added a title, embellishments and silver enamel dots.
I am rather pleased with the end result.  Although, it took quite some time to sew around the design it was a quick and easy process to produce the sewing file.








DESIGN USED


PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. This technique has produced stunning results - it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete