Friday 14 April 2017

Easter Bunny Treat Box

Hello Silhouette Fans! Happy Easter Friday! Maria here with you today with another quick project.

So my kids wanted a mini Easter Egg Hunt at home the other day, so I prepared them a couple of Treat Boxes so they could put the eggs they found in there.



What you will need:

- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Cardstock (white, pink and black)
- Glue
- Ribbon
- Easter Eggs!

Instructions:

First of all, open Silhouette Studio and bring up your design. I have gone for Design #77337, however there are plenty of other 3D boxes on the Design Store for you to choose from. What I like about this particular design is that when you bring it up on your design space, it is already filled with colour so it makes it really easy for you to know which bits need to be cut in each cardstock.


Next, resize to the size that you want it to be. I know my kids won't have that many eggs to put in it, so the box doesn't need to be huge.

Once you have resized it, click "ungroup selected shapes", so you can now move them freely on your mat. This way, you can put all the white pieces together to cut in one go.



As you can see in the image below, I have also added a couple of circles on the sides of the box, as I want to add some ribbon so my kids can hold the box easily. I create a hole in one side, and copy/paste in the same location on the other side.


I have grouped all the pieces that will need to be cut with white cardstock, and I do the same with the other pieces. I have put the pink and black on the same mat as I will be cutting them together using scrap pieces of cardstock. As you may have noticed, I am not cutting the darker pink bow, and that's because I want both boxes to be the same for my girl and my boy and neither of them are keen on bows.


And now that you've cut everything, you are ready to put your box together! Feel free to use any glue you want, however, if you are going to give the box to a small child, I would recommend using strong glue. "Red tape" sticky tape, or a strong adhesive like "glossy accents" will work well.

And here's the finished project!



I hope you have enjoyed this and it has inspired you to create your own for a Easter Egg Hunt!







PRODUCTS USED



No comments:

Post a Comment