Thursday 9 March 2017

Brush Lettering Sentiments using PixScan



Hello! Marie-Clare here, and I'm going to show you how to cut a hand-lettered sentiment using your PixScan mat and the Silhouette CAMEO® 3.

What you'll need:

  • Hand-lettered sentiment or printed equivalent
  • Silhouette CAMEO® 3
  • PixScan mat
  • Camera, phone camera or scanner

I have recently been practising my hand-lettering, and love using brush pens, so I drew myself a little sentiment using two shades of pen:


Then, I trimmed my card down roughly and placed it on my PixScan mat to photograph. I have already calibrated my PixScan mat for my phone.


Next, I used the PixScan toolbar to load my image into Silhouette Studio:



 When the image loads, it will appear on your screen like so:


Next, treat your hand-drawn sentiment like any other print and cut! First, trace the image:


I wanted to cut my sentiment with quite a chunky offset, so I used the offset tools to set my cut line:


I didn't want the little cuts inside the main outline to cut out, so I right-clicked on the traced line, and released the compound path. That allowed me to delete all the little cuts that I did not want to actually use, leaving me with this:


All that was left to do was cut!


And finally, stick into my planner for this weekend to remind myself to be kind to myself:


I hope that you can use this idea to cut your own hand-lettered sentiments and words. They would be ideal for scrapbook layouts, frames, or memory books.



PRODUCTS USED:










Pixscan cutting mat for Cameo











































2 comments:

  1. Wow, love your hand lettering and this is a great way to use it with your Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete