Sunday 11 September 2016

Using Printable Heat Transfer Material


Hi! Bev here with a tutorial on how to use Silhouettes Printable Heat Transfer Material to create this shopping tote.

You will need:
  • Silhouette Cameo/Portrait
  • Silhouette Printable Heat Transfer Material
  • Printer and Ink
  • Iron and muslin fabric to cover design
Step One

Open up a new window in Silhouette Studio and choose your sentiment from your library.  I chose Lori Whitlocks design 'I could give up shopping' which I thought was perfect for a tote bag


Resize as required and ensure that registration marks are on the page.  Feed one sheet of material into your printer, ensuring that the smooth plain size is going to be printed on.  Send to the printer and once printed and the ink is dry, load onto your mat.

Step Two

Select the correct material type and check the cut settings. Send to the silhouette and cut out the sentiment.


Step Three

Peel off the backing paper and place the letters onto your tote bag facing up.  I happened to choose a design in which all of the letters were cut individually so it took some time to place them down, but with a bit of patience I was happy with the overall look. Using the piece of paper that comes in the pack (which looks like greaseproof paper) place it on top of the design and use an iron to gently rub over the design.  I had a slight fail the first time I used this paper in that my iron was too hot and actually melted the design....oops! so the next time round I used a lower heat setting and glided over the design rather than pressing down.

And that is all you have to do to create a quick but effective project using the Printable Transfer Material.


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial! I enjoyed sharing with you and can't wait to see what you create.



Designs Used:

I COULD GIVE UP SHOPPING - by Lori Whitlock  Design ID #143108

Products Used:


PRODUCTS USED:

Light hold cutting mat for Cameo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial Bev. I haven't used printable heat transfer media yet, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete