Thursday 25 February 2016

Design Team Introduction :: Niki Rowland

Hi there, Niki here. I’m 33 years old, live in St Albans, am married to Ben and have two little ones who keep me very busy: Sophie aged 4 and Max aged 2. I’ve been scrapbooking and making cards for about 10 years but in a previous life (pre-children) I was a divorce solicitor. Since having Sophie I have managed not to step foot back inside a corporate office and I’ve never been happier J  I started teaching local card-making and scrapbooking classes before giving up work and stepped this up a notch when I did. I now regularly teach and it has grown so much that I would call myself a full-time scrapbooker!  I also teach at retreats and have taught a few online classes too.

My first ever scrapbook was of mine and my (now) husband’s first holiday together. I hand-wrote titles, cut my photos into shapes, drew pictures which I coloured with kids colouring pencils – you get the picture. I occasionally look back at that album, with huge fondness of course, but I am very glad I discovered real scrapbooking products soon after, and of course my Silhouette Cameo in due course. My Cameo was the biggest investment I have made in my craft room to date and I while I do use it quite a lot I am so looking forward to pushing myself out of my comfort zone and exploring all those features I haven’t yet been brave enough to try.  And I’ll share every moment J


Here are some of my favourite projects so far:













1 comment:

  1. Fabulous, bright and happy scrapbook pages, love the colour pallette you use and look forward to seeing more of your lovely work.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete