Saturday 27 February 2016

Design Team Introduction :: Nadine Muir



My name is Nadine Muir, I’m 35 and I originally hail from Northern Ireland.  I moved to Edinburgh for university, where I met my boyfriend Robbie.  By day I work in Financial Services as a programmer, but my spare time is spent designing and making.

I adore home decor, in particular anything Scandi or Mid Century Modern.  I've a weakness for nice stationary and anything by Orla Kiely.  I’m currently mad for lovely fonts, typography and all things geometric.

I bought my Silhouette Cameo two years ago and I’m in love!  I’m a craft magpie and a bit of a perfectionist, so the precision and versatility has made me a devotee.

I enjoy paper crafts such as birthday cards and intricate paper cuts.  I am currently making my friend's wedding invitations.  I even used my cameo to score all the folds for an origami lightshade!

I use heat transfer vinyl (HTV) in lots of projects to make custom onesies and t-shirts, but also use it on canvasses, shopping bags and even to decorate mugs.

I like to experiment with new techniques, or Proof of Concepts as we’d say at work!  I’ve chemically etched sterling silver with fantastic results and I’m currently working on other interesting jewellery projects using the Silhouette.  I can’t wait to share my adventures with you!

Here are some of my favourite projects so far:









1 comment:

  1. Nadine these are such wonderful project I love the all. Did you make the lampshade in the first photo ? I tried so hard to make something similar but failed miserably. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete